Fall has a certain kind of magic that makes it perfect for weddings. Crisp mornings, warm afternoons and sunsets that are just out of this world beautiful. Indiana comes alive in the fall and so it’s no surprise that a lot of brides tend to pick autumn dates to say I do. I’ve complied some of my best tips to help you plan your fall wedding day, check them out below!
– Even though the sun might be shining, those fall winds can get pretty chilly. Keep your guests warm by providing blankets for them to cuddle up in if you are having an outdoor ceremony.
– If you’re having an outdoor wedding hay bales might seem like a low cost option but you’ll want to avoid them. Most hay bales have been stored in a barn or outside and when guests sit on them guess what comes crawling out? BUGS! Tons and tons of bugs – unleashing sheer terror on your guests. No thank you!
– This is a fun way to help guests feel the fall love while providing another little touch of warmth to your day. Plus the smell of warm apple cider will make your venue smell amazing!
– The sun begins setting earlier and earlier the further you get into fall, so keep that in mind when picking a ceremony time. This is especially key to keep in mind if you are not doing a first look prior to the ceremony. All photos will need to be done after the ceremony and you don’t want to lose light before you can get all of your photos taken!
– You will thank yourself later!
Bonus: I’ve included some ideas for classy fall color palettes below!
About the author: Alison is an Indianapolis based wedding photographer who loves working with joyful couples, celebrating timeless love and helping other small businesses grow.